Nightly curfew, COVID containment measures extended to October 7
Prime Minister Andrew Holness, has announced an extension of the islandwide curfew, aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19 will continue until October 7.
The measure will continue to run from 8:00 p.m to 5:00 a.m.
In making the announcement, Holness appealed to Jamaicans to continue to follow the health protocols already set in place.
COVID-19 containment measures already in place were also extended, these include:
- Public gathering limit remains at 15
- Persons 70 and over should stay at home except for essential purposes
- Funerals remain prohibited, with burials limited to 15 persons, five members of clergy and including 10 mourners
- Church services are to continue under set protocols, no congregating allowed in church yards
- Taxis should carry one fewer passenger than licenced to
- Business are encouraged to continue to implement work from home measures where possible.
We want to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com and follow @thejamaicastar on Instagram and on twitter @JamaicaStar, and on Facebook: @TheJamaicaStar.